According to answers from 19,957 respondents across six continents regarding personal productivity by leaders, the leadership basics win. Robert C. Pozen and Kevin Downey reported their results in a Harvard Business Review online article.
My Summary of their findings is:
- Overcoming procrastination was key to productivity.
- Working smarter was more productive than working longer.
- Older leaders were more productive.
- Productivity of men and women was about the same.
- A great advantage goes to those who plan, prepare, and run good meetings with agendas.
- Avoid excessive distractions of email and phones.
- Plan slack time for thinking and emergencies.
- Use clear direction and communication.
- Keep meetings short and organized.